Friday, July 10, 2009

Rough Tough Friday

I am so happy that Friday is here and I can get to bed as soon as I finish typing this. I was up early and in the office by 7:25am, rearing to get the day started. Work was exactly what it normally is, lacking in any sort of excitement. I really wish that I had a job that I was excited to go to every day, something that was fun and I felt like I could make a difference doing. I guess in this economy I should be thankful that I have a job and stop complaining about the one that I do have.

So, at lunch today I headed out for what I thought would be a relatively easy 4 - 5 mile run. A friend of mine joined me (Chris) and he decided that it would be good to go out a different route and hit some hills. That was all well and good until I hit the first long incline and I had to convince myself that it was going to be good for me, it would make me stronger. Then came the next really steep hill, which just plain ole sucked. All in all the run was only 4.6 miles but my average heart rate was about 159 BPM and the pace was about 8:30/mile; quite a bit different from my run on Wednesday which was 7.2 miles, my heart rate averaged 154 BPM and the pace was 8:13/mile. I am not exactly lighting the world afire with these times, but I feel like I am dying out there lately.

I had planned to head over to the pool to put in about 1,500 yds but I opted instead to take my daughters over to swim instead. I think this turned into a good idea when I saw how excited they were to be going to the pool at 7:30pm. We had a good time, the highlight being showering in the locker room afterwards I suppose....go figure.

That is about it for tonight. I am going to try and get eight hours of sleep and bang out an eight mile run in the morning if possible, and then hopefully 2,000 yds in the pool sometime in the late morning or early evening. Ciao!

No comments: