Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Land....but no Sea

I managed to get back to business today, although it wasn't full on training. Oh, before moving on, I should probably clarify what exactly I am training for. On Sunday, July 26th I will be doing the New Jersey State Triathlon in Mercer County Park (New Jersey). I am going to be doing the Sprint distance because I was too late in registering for the Olympic distance (bummer). Then on Sunday, August 9th I am doing the Steelman Triathlon (Olympic distance) up in Quakertown, PA. I am going to try and find a couple more tri's to do at the end of September and early October. Not sure if I will do a half-iron distance or not. I am considering doing a fall marathon as well.

So with that stuff out of the way, I did actually get out and run today. Nothing terribly crazy, just 5.3 miles at about a 8:15/mile pace. It was extremely humid and the temperatures were definitely creeping up, which made the whole experience much more difficult that it should have been. I was supposed to put in 2,500 yds at the pool but it turns out it was closed because of a swim meet. I was hoping to get in a late night swim at 8pm but it just wasn't possible.

It is late and I need to get some sleep tonight. Peace out!

No comments: