Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tired Tuesday

Already I am complaining about being tired. I feel like I am tired all the time. I think it is largely due to the fact that I haven't been able to sleep in my own bed for about five days now. I seem to be bouncing around from room to room based on different things and I just haven't gotten a solid 7 - 8 hours of sleep in close to a week. Regardless of this my training has gone on and I have been powering through it so to speak.

Today
It was a bit of stressful day in the office and I was not a happy camper at all. Prior to my afternoon run with friends I was in the foulest of moods thanks to an arrogant and disrespectful co-worker. He just flat out pissed me off. When it came time to go for a run I had all the best intentions to go out and run sub-8 min mile pace.....but it just didn't happen. I was suffering through the whole thing. I think it was the combination of a few things: sleep deprivation, nutrition, and the hard training on Sunday. I did manage to run 4.5 miles at 8:06 pace, with that last half mile at 7:15 pace. I have a 5K on Thursday night that I hope I can run well. I would love to break my PR of 20:45, I just don't know if it is in the cards for me right now.

When I got home from work all I wanted to do was vent to my wife about my day and she obliged and told me that I was right and that I shouldn't feel any remorse for what went down. She actually expected that I would want to head out and go for a bike ride. So when we were done with dinner I decided to head out for a 40 minute or so ride. At first I was going at a pretty good clip, averaging over 20 MPH, then I hit some gradual hills and I slowed. It was probably when I was about half-way through it that I decided that I was going to try and really ride pretty hard. I didn't ride far but I did ride hard for the last half of it. I rode 11.74 miles and averaged 19.4 MPH, with the last 3.74 miles at an average of about 22 MPH. It felt good to just ride fast and unleash some of the tension that I was feeling.

Now it is time to hit the hay and get a good nights sleep. I plan on getting up and getting in a moderate swim tomorrow morning around 7:00am at my pool, before my 7:45am doctors appointment (getting my back worked on a bit more). It may not happen which would mean a trip to the fish bowl tomorrow night. Ciao!

No comments: