Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wednesday Rest Day

Wednesday was a weird day in that I am in the middle of training for a bunch of triathlons but I also had a 5K on Thursday night (tonight). I decided that I wouldn't run or bike but I was going to head to the pool and swim 1,000 to 1,500 yds. Well, family got in the way a bit and I ended up not doing anything but sit on the couch with my wife and daughters and watch TV. My wife wasn't feeling all that great and I suspected that she needed me there at the house to help out with the kids.

I probably could have headed over to the pool much earlier, but my in-laws were over and I didn't want to be rude and head out while they were there. Then I planned to head over right after dinner, but that just wasn't going to happen either.

Maybe it is a good thing that I had a true "rest day" yesterday. Hopefully I will be fresh for the 5K tonight. Based on how I have been running lately, I really need some help....I've been feeling like I have sand bags tied around my ankles whenever I hit the streets for training.

No comments: